Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blackle is the new Green


Did you know?

Now you can save energy while you surf the net. I don't mean sit on your butt and take a break, but save watt hours. Rather than searching on Google Canada, you can search on the sister site, ca.blackle.com. The only difference is that the search page background is black, rather than white, which uses less energy , apparently.

If nothing else, you can amaze your friends with your green savvy when you tell them to use the Blackle search engine. Or, you can alienate everyone by being a super green-geek who is too self-righteous for anyone to deal with. Either way, you are making a small contribution to the planet.

I had no idea that this existed until I came across it the other day while I was searching for something else. And, I'll be honest here, it struck me as a rather insignificant thing. But then again, I guess every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory