In the grocery store yesterday, I was pleased to see so many people sporting their own reusable shopping bags. I have been lugging my own bags around for some time now, and every time I pull them out I feel a bit of self-satisfaction and give myself a mental pat-on-the-back for doing my small part to help save the planet. Those are the GOOD days. However, there are those days when both kids are screaming, I’m late for an appointment, and I dash into the store for a couple of items only to get to the checkout and discover that, alas, I have forgotten my bags and have to bring myself to use a plastic grocery bag. I do have the solution though.
The Envirosax bags have been designed just for that purpose. I received my first Envirosax as a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband last year. He was out doing his last minute shopping ( by last minute I mean on Christmas Eve!!!!) and I was sure I was going to end up with engine oil and washer fluid from the gas station. But he came through with flying colours when this appeared under the tree.

These beefy yet trendy shopping bags roll up into a tiny package about the size of a pack of gum, ready for just such an emergency. They come in a variety of colours and patterns to suit all personalities, and I just feel like I am so cutting-edge-eco-trendy when I pull one out to pack my purchases into. And you wouldn’t BELIEVE how much stuff you can cram into these bags. Best of all , they are available here on Manitoulin, at Turner’s in Little Current. You can also check out their website at http://www.envirosax.com/.
Don’t get caught having to use plastic bags ( and thereby risking glares from those self-righteous shoppers who ALWAYS remember their reusable bags) and stash an Envirosax bag in your pocket to make a small change to make a big difference for our planet.


Blog Search Engine
A friend just picked up some Envirosax bags for family members for Christmas. She's going to use them as gift bags...what a great way to reduce waste by avoiding wrapping paper and paper gift bags!
ReplyDelete