
I live in the most beautiful place in the world. Let's face it - Manitoulin Island IS home to the gods. But, like the rest of our planet, it won't stay beautiful forever if we keep on the way we are going. We may live ON a rock, but we aren't living UNDER a rock, and know just as well as everyone else that change is up to us. But how do we make change?
Are we all supposed to grow all our own food, quit purchasing clothes from the store and begin weaving our own from organic wool, and only give our children toys that we whittle from our own selectively harvested wood? Not exactly reasonable. I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure don't have the time for that. Most days I barely have time to get my 4 month old dressed in something other than his pajamas, much less single-handedly save the planet.
On the flip side, there are small changes that each and every one of us can make. Little by little, we can make a difference. I am going to share my trials and tribulations in this blog, of trying to do the right thing and help ensure that Manitoulin, and the planet, are here for my children and future generations to enjoy.
Are we all supposed to grow all our own food, quit purchasing clothes from the store and begin weaving our own from organic wool, and only give our children toys that we whittle from our own selectively harvested wood? Not exactly reasonable. I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure don't have the time for that. Most days I barely have time to get my 4 month old dressed in something other than his pajamas, much less single-handedly save the planet.
On the flip side, there are small changes that each and every one of us can make. Little by little, we can make a difference. I am going to share my trials and tribulations in this blog, of trying to do the right thing and help ensure that Manitoulin, and the planet, are here for my children and future generations to enjoy.


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.