Monday, March 9, 2009

Goody Green Bags


Here on the Rock, we are sometimes always far behind fashion trends of the rest of the world. Now is our chance to be hip, trendy, and right on top of things, fashionably and green speaking anyway.

Goody Green Bags. This company was started by two Chicago moms who were trying to do their part to save the planet (and look good while doing it!). Moms really do it all, don't we???? Look after the kids, look after the house, the pets, save the planet in our spare time......sigh......someone's gotta be the superheroes in life I guess :-)

These great bags are made from non-woven polypropylene - a coated, water resistant material that is light-weight, durable, fire resistant and washable. Best of all, each bag folds down into compact envelope size and opens to a full size tote bag. This helps to eliminate the "duh, I forgot my bags in the car AGAIN" syndrome. Then again, who can blame me for forgetting shopping bags. If I manage to get both kids, my wallet and myself into the grocery store in one piece, I think that is all I can really ask for (getting the shopping done and home again completely intact is another matter altogether!).

Goody Green Bags were selected as the official gift bag for the 2008 American Music Awards and were also chosen to be included in the VIP celebrity gift bags for the 2009 Oscar and Golden Globe pre-parties. How's THAT for trendy!!


Now, when I go grocery shopping, I pretend I'm a celebrity as I whip out my neatly folded, envelope-sized bag, unfold it with aplomb, and hand it to the kindly grocery store clerk.


Uhhh, ok, reality check.... as I grab it (the bag) out of my purse, and consequently drop a baby bottle, several toys and a pacifier to the grubby floor, I am trying to hand over the bag while ignoring my temper-tantrum throwing toddler and keep my third hand on my wiggly 7-month old who is trying to escape the grocery cart. Nevertheless, the Goody Green Bag looks cool, even if I look nothing of the sort.

To order a Goody Green Bag , you can choose from a variety of 6 different patterns. Earth Day and Mother's Day are coming up quickly, and Goody Green Bags is running an Earth Day discount of 15% off all bags to promote Goody Green Bags as a simple step individuals can make towards helping to save our Earth.....it will run through the end of April 2009. What an easy gift to have on hand for all those other forgotten special occasions for family and friends, as well (or is this just me that has this problem?).


Check out Goody Green Bags, and also their Go Green tips. Simple, easy ways to help you on your way to becoming a superhero!

2 comments:

  1. Did you order yours online? I didn't see anywhere that stated they ship outside of the U.S. Now I didn't go thru the whole checkout either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the (fast) response from the company:

    They do ship to Canada and the prices are the same as US shipping. All shipping is based on the weight, so it will depend on the number of bags ordered. If you go through Paypal for the order, you will get a shipping quote before you actually have to process the order. Email info@goodygreenbag.com if you need more information.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory