Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Re-Cover Journals

You know how sometimes you come across an idea, and you think, "Now why didn't I think of that?".



Well, Re-Cover Journals are one of those ideas.

They are a small, home-based business. They take old books and give them a new life, by creating beautiful, and green, journals from them. If you are a book lover as I am, you will cherish the beauty of these.


Our products are one-of-a-kind. We recycle vintage books to create high-quality writing journals. We also rescue vinyl record albums and transform them into notebooks and photo albums. We sell our products to retailers across Canada . . . It is a magical process to discover discarded books and transform them into our delightful journals.


As I get older (unfathomable, but true), I find it harder and harder to find that perfect gift for friends and family - especially parents; who can get ANYTHING for them once they reach a certain age and have EVERYTHING. Re-Cover Journals are the perfect answer - you can find something for everyone.

Gifts that I would give? I would give some of their journals to my friends - they could use them to write their deep thoughts (scratch that - they don't have deep thoughts OR the time to think or write them-haha).

* I would pick something like this journal for my sister (as a joke of course).

* For my cousin, I would get her a journal like this one (as she has taken up running and HATES it).

* For my friends Erin and Lesley, I would maybe get something like this, as they are a bit hesitant to come on a paddling trip with me. (I will know if they are reading my blog if they leave a response to this!!)


The company also makes photo albums and notebooks from discarded record album jackets.

* For my mom, I would choose for her a photo album similar to this, so she can put in pics of her beautiful grandkids - or her kids, well, just me, my sibs don't need to be in there - just the important/beautiful one.

* And for my mother-in-law, I would love to get her a photo album like this one, as she was a big fan of this superstar in her younger days.

Since all items are one of a kind, you need to keep in mind that you won't necessarily find the items in stores as pictured, but you will find a unique selection that you can be sure no one else duplicate!

Re-Cover Journals is a wholesale distributor, so if you are interested in carrying their products, please contact them.

Want to pick some up for yourself or for gifts for loved ones (or people you are trying to impress/gain favour with/bribe)? You can email them for a list of retailers near you.

Some online retailers are:
Grassroots
The Old Tin Shed
The Miller's Tale

And the perfect Re-Cover Journal for me?





I would like to thank Fran at Re-Cover Journals for having such excellent taste and choosing the perfect book for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory