Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Green Giveaway Wednesday: Greentainer from Kai Kids


Earth Hour is coming - on Saturday, March 28th. Where will you be when the lights go out at 8:30 pm? Check back later this week for some Earth Hour celebration ideas.


And what better way to celebrate than to have a chance to win something?! Keep reading this post to find out more!!!



Plastic is out.
We all know that.
So what the heck are you supposed to put your kid's lunch in?
No glass at school - as a teacher, let me plead with you, please don't send your kids with glass bottles or containers. They break, kids get cut, blood and glass everywhere, just not nice. So don't even go there.

That leaves ....well, not a lot of alternatives.

Especially if you live somewhere rural aka in the sticks aka on the Rock. You can't buy anything other than plastic sandwich bags, plastic containers or **GASP** Lunchables (so that would be, plastic food AND plastic packaging).

The Greentainer may just save your life, in oh, so many ways.

The Greentainer is a stainless steel food container.



It is a lightweight yet durable stainless steel food storage container
ideal made of a high quality, food grade stainless steel. 100% reusable and
recyclable, free of toxins and non-leaching. Easy to clean with soap and water
and dishwasher safe, the Greentainer is a simple way to keep your family safe,
as well as the planet.

Now your child can be green, trendy and food safe. If only the Greentainer could make them eat their veggies...


Want to get a Greentainer? You can visit the Kai Kids website, and order one today.


Kai Kids is a family-run business. Here is how Nancy Dehart, the owner, got into the green biz.



We are just over a year old and started when most baby stores didn’t carry
any green or organic options(hard to believe now). Since then there has been a
boom and we have found the only way we can compete for customers is in our
product selection and customer service. So we strive to carry as many local,
made in Toronto, Ontario, Canada products as we can, and we also try to support
other small businesses and mompreneurs. Many of the products we carry aren’t available in most stores, plus, I’m always on the hunt for great new earth-friendly products for our family and our customers!


Want to win a Greentainer?
All you have to do is visit the Kai Kids website, and comment about something else you would like to try and/or buy. They have so many amazing things, I just want to shop, shop, shop! If you want a second chance to win, subscribe to my blog and leave me a comment telling me that you have done so. Contest closes on April 7, 2009, and is is open to residents of Canada and the continental U.S.

8 comments:

  1. There are quite a few things I'd like to try/buy! One is the Cradle Me Salve b/c I can't seem to get rid of my son's cradle cap! Also the Eco-Friendly Lunch Bags are cute and would be more environmentally friendly than the plastic grocery bag I used to use to take my lunch to work.
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want almost everything in the Mama section, but I loved all the totes, especially the Purse-nickety Hipster Eco-bag. Thanks for the cool link!

    Anneh

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lunch bags are quite trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have subscribed to this fantastic blog! Your ideas are great, your writing style is humourous, need I go on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try the "In the Bush Citronella Body Oil" to keep those pesky bugs off me and the wee ones.

    jodzjodz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great store! Thanks for sharing the link!
    Among the many things that are interesting to me, there are the stainless steel container sets (rectangular and round), and the Greentainer is great too. If there was a bigger bamboo spork (there's only one for baby), I'd have ordered it already! It would be so practical to keep in my handbag, so that I wouldn't need to use a plastic spoon or fork ever again...
    (I'm already suscribed to your blog).
    Josiane
    kimianak [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the BambooBaby Burp Cloth.
    amaryllis_wings@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. KaiKids is a fantastic site. I already love my baby's kleen canteen sippy cup and I see they have one with handles 'Safe Sipper'. Other items I am very interested in are the nickety hipster eco bag for me (& it's on sale!), sniffles cream and the cradle-me salve. I will keep you posted on what I actually purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory