
Saturday, March 28th is the day on which the planet will celebrate Earth Hour. People all over the world will be turning out their lights.
THIS SATURDAY 28 MARCH AT 8.30PM YOU CAN VOTE EARTH BY SWITCHING OFF YOUR LIGHTS FOR ONE HOUR - EARTH HOUR.
On the Earth Hour website, by WWF Canada, there are ideas for ways for you to share what you are doing while you show support for the Earth.
Here is a list of some of my ideas for ways to spend the hour in the dark:
(one note: though, it seems kinda silly to cut it out after 1 hour, why not for the whole evening....I guess people have better things to do than sit around in the dark.....they might have to resort to talking to each other or something....hahaha)
- have family board game night by headlamp or candlelight
- spend some quality time with your spouse by candlelight (or you could use headlamps, but somehow this somewhat less romantic)
- go for a drive
- JUST KIDDING - ya, let's save the earth by turning out the lights and then burn up fossil fuels and emit CO2 into the atmosphere by driving in an automobile....perhaps not the greatest idea
- catch up on paperwork/paying bills - ok, perhaps not so celebratory
- do housework (and in the dark, you won't even be able to see the mess so it will take no time at all)
- call it a night and head to bed early
Rereading my list, perhaps there are some not-so-great alternatives there. It doesn't really matter to me though, because I plan to do the last item. The kids will be in bed asleep, and I plan to go and catch up on some much needed rest. Now THAT is a celebration in my world.
What will you do for Earth Hour?


Blog Search Engine
I wasn't so excited to do anything, but the children were so I eventually 'got on board'. We wanted to light candles and play a board game, but Dad had our only lighter with him in the sugar bush. So we decided to find all of our flashlights and then batteries at the last moment. The gang then decided to head outside with their flashlights so I loaded up the baby in the stroller and out we went. It was a bit cool so it wasn't long before we...jumped in the van to go find Dad in the sugar bush. Not too exciting but I was proud how the children wanted to participate in this event and the hour flew by!
ReplyDelete