
No, that's not an altered state in which I am typing this.... it's jewellery!
Personally, I don't really go for the glitz and glam, but I do like adornment of a more subtle nature.
Sweet Organics and Naturals, a U.S. based online shop, has a fabulous selection of eco-jewellery that won't break the bank and will put you in the good books for quite a while.
I was wearing my DRUNK necklace the other day (Handcrafted in the USA, this jewelry makes beautiful use of wine bottles one the wine has been drunk) and my husband gave me a second look. Let me tell you, with 2 little kids in the house, and hectic schedules, that doesn't happen every day!
He then gave me an inquisitive look......aaahhh, he's wondering where I got it! Rightly so, I suppose, as he barely tolerates my online shopping habit.
And then he complimented me on it! He liked it, and when I explained the DRUNK part of it, he laughed. I love wine, but it's so seldom that I get to imbibe that our bottles all have inches of dust on them.
This wearable art is a real conversation starter, and so unique that it does garner second looks and attention. It's quality design means it won't fall apart on you (my 9 month old has given it the tug test nearly every time I pick him up - apparently it really catches his eye too).
The jewellery carried by the shop is funky, hip, and you can bet the neighbourhood teens won't be wearing them as they aren't available at the nearby_____(insert name of cheap/crappy made- in -China -fashion -jewellery store here).
My 3-year-old has been eyeing my necklace up as well, and if it goes missing, I just know that I will have to hunt through her room and toy box for it.
So, for all of you out there looking for something unique for Mother's Day, be sure and check out the selection at Sweet Organics and Naturals. They carry a line of necklaces, earrings, and non-jewellery items such as recycled kimono purses, eco journals and bodycare.
Best of all, they are offering free shipping for orders over $25, and even to Canada! Just use the coupon code Canada for free 1st class shipping on items up to 16oz.
And for all my friends and relatives, I really like the recycled silver jewellery, oh, and the recycled glass pendants (very funky!), and the purses are pretty neat, as are the.............


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.