Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recycled, Redesigned, Remarkable Sewing Project


Ok, maybe not remarkable...but certainly the other adjectives fit. I, all by myself (Ie. my mom didn't have to finish it for me) completed my first green sewing project .


I found an old long-sleeve t-shirt made of wicking, technical fabric. Somehow, my arms and torso must have grown because the shirt no longer fit properly.


I borrowed a pattern from my aunt (so green aka cheap!).


Cut apart the old shirt.


Used the pattern, cut out and sewed a new shirt.


My daughter now has a beautiful new canoeing shirt that looks absolutely nothing like the orginal. (Believe me, the original did not have ruffles or butterflies...it was about as plain as a shirt could possible get...not only was it unisex, it was completely non-descript).


So, project being complete, I have now sold my sewing machine. For real.


However, I have bought a new-to-me sewing machine of slightly newer vintage, which I bought at the same time as my new-to-me serger. Both were a great deal, and both were not new, thus saving the landfill, but work just great.


Hmmm, what will my next project be...maybe a matching frilly canoeing shirt for hubby????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory