Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Green Giveaway Wednesday: Balms and Boo Boos




The other week, I got a lot of funny looks.

I know that right now I have several friends reading that statement and laughing out loud thinking...."just the other week"?

Anyhow, this time, the funny looks were warranted, as I had a big gash across my cheek. I know that I looked I had lost an argument with someone's fist, but that definitely wasn't the case.

What actually happened was that I got hit by a door - really!

I was having one of those arguments with my toddler that you just can't win....you know...the ones that go "Why?" "Because I said so!" Why?" "Because I said so!". To really get my point across, I wrenched open the front door.

Right into the side of my face!

Hmm, I somehow don't think that I won that one.

Worried about a big scar, and then having to tell this story for the rest of my life, I went hunting for something to put on it. I found the tin of For My Kids All Natural Comfrey Salve that I had stashed in the bathroom cupboard.

I didn't know what to expect, so I held my breath and applied it to my cheek - hey, no nasty stinging, no unpleasant odor, and....well, I no longer have a big mark on my face! Time does seem to heal all wounds, and it sure is nice to help it along with a little TLC and some organic comfrey, which is a healing agent.

Here is what Christine, the owner of For My Kids, had to say:


Our All-Natural Comfrey Salve started out as a special request item—a customer who sells our products at an organic gardening center asked me to make some comfrey salve because she has used it for years for all kinds of healing and her
only source was hundreds of miles away. I did research and came up with what I thought was a nice little salve, but I didn’t really know what to expect with regard to results. Well, the accolades keep pouring in. I used it on a small burn that was taking a long time to heal up (and it kept getting rubbed against things) and before I had finished with a bowl of cereal, the burn had closed up. The lady who originally requested it recently nearly cut the tip of her finger off at work. She thoroughly cleaned the area and liberally applied the All-Natural Comfrey Salve. Within a few days she had complete use of her finger again. The pediatric Chiropractor that my sons see used it on a cut that wouldn’t heal and it closed up in a matter of hours. A friend of ours uses it on her son’s chigger bites (at his request!) because it is the only thing that stops them from itching. Be sure to apply this great salve to a clean area because it promotes quick healing and will close right up over any dirt.


So, in case you end up with bug bites, itches, scratches, or losing an argument with a door, this week's giveaway is a 1 ounce tin of All Natural Comfrey Salve from For My Kids. I am also including a 1 ounce tin of All Natural Vegan Lip Balm. To enter, all you need to do is visit For My Kids , and tell me how you would use one of the products that they make. Contest is open to residents of Canada and the Continental U.S. only. You have until February 24th to enter.

7 comments:

  1. My little guy gets dry lips but I have been afraid to try any products I have around the house on him. The lip balm is something I would definitely use to moisten the kissable little lips of my little boy.

    Robyn
    batmannrobyn2002@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want everything they make!! I would love to try the Insect Repellent. We go camping a lot and I hate the idea of using commercial repellents with all the nasty chemicals on my little girl! Sounds wonderful!

    kayceewilliams at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Happy Fun dough, just looks like it would be a blast with little ones. And when you aren't running into doors, you could bring your children over to play with it!
    For the record, you get a lot of funny looks,but they are all warranted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the Insect Repellent. I hate for the kids to get bug bites but hate harsh chemicals on their skin just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try the Herbal Insect Repellent as well because I can't stand bugs and my son seems to have enormous bug bites when he gets bitten. I would prefer to use non toxic repellent because I tend to use it often when the bugs are out.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I didn't win last week for my wife so like your husband, I was very green on Valentine's Day... a little too green judging by the look I got from her in the morning...or maybe it was because I only made myself a coffee. Either way, the lip balm looks great and she could have soft lips I could at least look at.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything on the website looks great! I would like to try the insect repellent, as I`ve had trouble finding one I like without DEET (I`d also like to see what my cat thinks of it :), but I think I`d like to try the comfrey salve even more! I have really bad ezcema, and am always looking for something new to try that`s natural and actually works. I`ve heard good things about Calendula for ezcema.

    Janet
    janet_mccarville@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory