Monday, February 2, 2009

Lost: 1 pair of black ski pants


I don't normally lose things...I think of myself as a very organized person.

BUT...

I, somehow, managed to misplace my ski pants; this has created a lot of stress in my life lately. We have tons of snow, cold, and I have a busy toddler who needs to get outside and play. I have been asking everyone and anyone if they have seen my wayward pants.

Have you seen my ski pants?

I have searched high and low for two weeks, and despair that they are gone for good - so I need to replace them.

Where did I turn to? I went to the Mountain Equipment Co-op (a Canadian retailer of outdoor sports gear - similar to REI in the U.S.) site to their Gear Swap section, to see if anyone is selling a used pair of ski pants.

What did I find?

My exact ski pants, same brand, same size....they were listed 4 days ago for sale.

Suspiciously, I looked at where the posting was from ...Quebec...okay, they are definitely not MY ski pants - but what a crazy coincidence.

So, I am now buying a pre-owned pair of ski pants at a fraction of the cost of new....what a green, and thrifty, thing to do.

Looking for used sports gear and clothing? Be sure and check out the MEC Gear Swap...you never know what you will find.

P.S. If you do find my Chlorophylle ski pants, please let me know. I miss them.

Update: The pants have been found ~ after reading my post a friend found them left from a playdate...hey, it's not a party until someone loses their pants, I guess.

So, does anyone want to buy the pair that I just bought off Gear Swap?????

3 comments:

  1. Well I don't know where you lost your pants but you might try (click on my name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I would love to buy the pants but what size are they and how much did you pay? Just the other day I said I need a pair of my own as I always use my husbands, not so good when we both want to go outside with the children together!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory