It's almost scary, how quickly small toddler minds pick up on things that they see you do each day.With the miserable, cold weather this winter, my daughter has seen me apply lip balm several times a day, to deal with dry, chapped lips. And of course, she wants to be just like Mommy, and put on her "lipstick".
Oh, they grow up so quickly, too quickly. While there is no way I will let a 2 1/2 year old wear "lipstick", it doesn't seem right that only mommy can put something on to soothe her dried out and sometimes painful smoochers. Besides, she at least gets kisses and snuggles these days, certainly more than Mommy seems to get (hint, hint Daddy, Valentine's Day is coming!)
So, I have discovered a great product that I don't mind how much she uses to smear on her lips, hands, cheeks, and wherever else it seems end up: For My Kids All-Natural Vegan Lip Balm.
This great product comes in a cute little metal tin. The ingredient list is something you could definitely whip up at home (in your free time all you Moms - haha). Organic sweet almond oil, organic coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, candelilla wax, organic tamanu oil and organic peppermint essential oil. As you can see, from that ingredient list, there is nothing worrisome if your little tot gets a little overzealous with their "lipstick" application.
The balm has a soft, smooth consistency, and stays on very well. It also has a nice,mild peppermint smell and flavour. It is available in vanilla flavor as well. It also isn't "sweetened" like some lip concoctions meant for children, which, to me, just seems to encourage them to eat them.
I have used this balm on my 6 months old teething rash that is all over his cheeks, his chin, his other chin and his other chin (chunky monkey, what can I say), as well as all those darling little neck rolls. I don't worry if it gets into his mouth as he is so busy, chewing away on his toys, his sister, the dog (although if you have nut allergies in the family I would be very cautious due to the nut oils in the balm).
For My Kids also has some other neat products in their product line. Be sure and check it out. I am really interested in their Happy Fun Dough, as it looks like it would be great for my budding Michelangelo. Their website is also very informative about using natural products AND they have a neat Free Stuff page that lists various giveaways from around the web.
Pucker up! The day of love and kisses is nearly here! (And in case hubby is reading this, that is VALENTINE'S Day, which is the 14th, which is SATURDAY... )


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.