Friday, January 30, 2009

Been There, Done That, What the Heck Do I Do With the T-Shirt?






A short time ago I purchased a new-to-me sewing machine. (See My Exciting Eco-Adventure.)

Well, the adventure continues...
I often like to help my husband "clean" up his things by purging and then donating clothing items of his. For the past year I have been stashing away clothing that I deem unsuitable for public appearances. Many of his T-shirts come from the "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" events that we compete at; canoe races, mountain biking races, race jerseys from a variety of adventure races, and the list goes on.

I decided that, rather than toss or donate these "memories", that I would create a memory quilt.

Yesterday, I sorted through the many shirts and chose my favourites, then cut out the logos into large squares to form the front of the quilt. LARGE squares, because I don't want this to become one of those life-long projects-that-ends-up-half-complete-in-the-back-of -the- closet- then -I- give- it- to- my- mom-to- finish- for- me. Not that I have ever done that....well, not THAT often... only a few times...she just finished knitting a sweater of mine from 3 years ago but that's all lately...

So, I now have 20 large squares that I have begun to sew together. Of course, if anyone drops by the house, they will see this fantastic work-in-progress. It is on my kitchen table. It may be there for quite a while. Not sure where we are going to eat...I guess I had better get this finished before the kids are old enough to start bringing people home for dinner!

When I ever do get it finished, it should be a functional, eco-friendly, quilt of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory