
In today's Toronto Star, there is an article titled, "Earth Brighter When Lights Go Out". This, of course, is referring to the worldwide Earth Hour event when individuals take a stand for the environment, and turn out their lights for an hour.
This year's Earth Hour will be held on March 28 at 8:30 pm. It will be the third year for the event, and the hope is that at least half of Canadians will participate.
Will you be one of them?
Hmmm, might be a nice chance for a romantic evening...kids will be in bed, no lights on...better yet, perhaps I can catch up on some much-needed sleep (since having 2 young children is a definite barrier to quality shut-eye).
What are your plans for Earth Hour? A candle-lit dinner party? Board games by flashlight? A moonlit winter hike? Post a comment with your ideas.
The Star is also going to be running an Earth Angel series in their newspaper, which will showcase people who are working hard to do their part in helping our planet and in the fight against climate change.
You can nominate someone by sending an email to: earthhour@thestar.ca.


Blog Search Engine
I think I will nominate my grandmother - who has taught me many ways to reuse and recycle.
ReplyDeletethis date is now added to my calendar.
ReplyDeleteBetter Panic
Last year over 70 countries participated... I'm curious how much it will have grown this year.
ReplyDelete