
A: Here in Canada, they come in two colours.
Brown, and...green!
Both varieties are natural, cruelty -free and found in Canada.
The brown, furry ones are found in ponds and aquatic areas. The green ones grace the labels of many wonderful, green products such as shampoos, toothpaste, moisturizers and lip balms.
Brown, and...green!
Both varieties are natural, cruelty -free and found in Canada.
The brown, furry ones are found in ponds and aquatic areas. The green ones grace the labels of many wonderful, green products such as shampoos, toothpaste, moisturizers and lip balms.
Green Beaver is a Canadian company that was started by an Ontario couple who really started to take a look at the products in their home when their son was young.
When we started researching the subject, we were shocked to discover how many household and personal care products were filled with chemical preservatives, fragrances, dyes, etc. We found that there were too many chemicals in personal care products for our own well-being. http://greenbeaver.com/our_story
Green Beaver products were the first ones that I used when I started to buy natural and organic personal care products. Their ingredient lists are pronounceable, and I love using something that hasn't been shipped halfway around the world.
With as many different products as I now sample, experiment with, and test, I still find myself returning to Green Beaver products again and again. Their products are formulated to be vegan and gluten-free, they contain all natural ingredients that can be eaten, and most ingredients are wild or organic, grown here in Canada.
Best of all, I can understand the ingredient list without a chemistry degree. (See Mom and Dad, an English degree ain't so bad after all)
For those of you who have been enduring MISERABLE winter weather like us here on The Rock lately, you may have the embarrassing problem I currently have (other than cabin-fever induced grouchiness). Chapped lips!
The cold, dry air, coupled with a lovely winter head cold, have made mine painful and sore, and not at all kissable (I think even the baby was starting to complain).
Let's be honest here - so many of those natural lip balms are great environmentally, but they aren't necessarily so great at solving the un-kissable lips problem.
Enter the virescent rodent . . . Green Beaver Apres Ski Winter Lip Balm.
I was a bit hesitant when I looked at the ingredient list: Plant oils (castor, sunflower, shea butter, olive, sweet almond, rosemary), beeswax, vitamin E, vanilla extract). I didn't think it would really do the trick. I was sure that only medicinal (aka strong/petrochemical-based) ingredients would heal me.
The results?
I just love this product. It isn't sticky or greasy, and it stays put. It isn't flavoured, which I like. This way, the whole family can use it and no one has to worry about smelling girly if they don't want to. Plus, my toddler doesn't mistake it as a food item, as she often does with fruity lip balms.
Best of all, it really works. Two days later, I think my hubby may even want to kiss me again!
Hmmm, now I may have found a cure for the cabin fever too!
Gotta run!
*Remember - today is the last day to enter our Green Giveaway.


Blog Search Engine
And here I just made another batch of peppermint lip balm for those who needed more=)
ReplyDeleteYou will have to give us your recipe so it can be posted!
ReplyDelete