Saturday, January 3, 2009

Creations From Eden


Several people I know have begun to try and create their own "natural" and green cosmetics. I have found a great-looking site called Creations From Eden to order supplies for making your own soaps and cosmetics.


They are a Canadian company that offer online shopping. AND, they are offering a coupon code to all of my readers out there. Simply enter the code ENVIRO when you place your order, and you will receive 10% off your order.


What looks good? They have a large selection of essential oils, carrier oils and butters. I have been experimenting with body lotions and am planning to purchase some to try out new recipes. They also have a selection of bottles and tubes to store your homemade creations in.
Try them out! Also, if you have any great recipes that you use and want to share, be sure and post a comment to let others know what works for you.
Here is one recipe that I have tried and really like. Most of the ingredients you have in your kitchen. I see that you can buy the aloe gel and sweet almond oil from Creations From Eden.
Brown sugar body scrub from the Skin Care Recipes and Remedies site

Ingredients
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground oats ( use a food processor or coffee grinder)
2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon almond oil (I use olive oil, it is a great substitute).
Mix all ingredients together and put in a jar. Scoop it out and rub on your body to exfoliate once or twice a week, in the shower or bath.
It's safe and even edible. My daughter thought I was making cookies when I was whipping up a batch and before I could stop her she grabbed a spoon and took a lick. She didn't go back for seconds, but it couldn't hurt her because it is all safe, natural and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory