
Normally, I just love Giveaway Wednesday. It's a great opportunity to win friends and influence people! Well, influence people anyway ~ by giving away green products, hopefully others will decide to take small steps to make their lives more green through the products that they purchase.
However, this week is a bit different. That's because it is such an AMAZING Giveaway, that I wish I could keep it myself. How selfish, I know!
This week's Giveaway item is a Dr. Hauschka 40th Anniversary gift set. The gift set contains Cleansing Cream, Facial Toner and Rose Day Cream, and comes packaged in a beautiful commemorative tin.
Dr. Hauschka is a German company that is well-known worldwide for its outstanding products. Their ingredients are all natural, and the company grows its own 100% organic medicinal herbs for use in their products. How is that for attention to detail?! This company was "green" back when the word only meant a colour! Rudolf Hauschka wasn't being trendy, he was being true to what he believed in. The products are a bit pricier than some others, but you are paying for quality as well as time-tested products.
The ingredients in these products are ALL pronounceable (fitting in well with my "if you can't pronounce it, it probably isn't good for you or the environment" belief). The Facial Toner, for example, contains: Water, Kidney Vetch Extract, Alcohol, Witch Hazel Extract and Essential Oils. The Rose Day Cream in particular is recommended by Canada's Gill Deacon in her book, Green for Life.
I haven't done any product reviews yet on Dr. Hauschka products, but hope to do some in future. The company certainly seems to set the "GOLD STANDARD" in the industry.
This prize if from lilou-organics, and is worth over $60! lilou-organics is an Ontario, Canada-based business that sells high-quality organic body products. I have personally ordered from them in the past, and they are terrific to deal with. Fast shipping, FREE with an order $100+ Canadian ($150+ to the U.S.), and incredible customer service. Plus, you can select free samples when you place your order for other products that you would like to try.
Just two catches to this giveaway:
- You have to be a resident of Canada or the Continental U.S.
- If you win, you either have to share with me (hahaha), or post a future comment about how you like the products ~ I'm curious to hear if you think they are as amazing as everyone says. ( ok, you don't HAVE to, but I really would like to hear what you have to say!)
To enter, all you need to do is visit the lilou-organics website, and post a comment about a product they sell that you either have tried and liked, or would like to try. I will be announcing the winner after January 20th, 2009.
*Don't forget to include your email so I can contact you if you win!!!!


Blog Search Engine
I would like to try the juice beauty moisturizer as it sounds totally yummy for my skin.
ReplyDeleteI would also like to try the juice beauty moisturizer as I agree it does sound totally yummy. Any anyhow, I should win the prize because I would definitely share it and Giveaway Wednesday happens to fall on my birthday!
ReplyDeleteI am a soap fiend so I would love to try any of their soap but most of all I think I would liek to try the mint scrub soap.
ReplyDeleteI love camping and hiking, wonderful outdoor activities, but I hate bugs. It is terrible because I could be standing in a group of 10 people and all the mosquitos within 10 miles would be chewing me to pieces. It drives me insane, but I don't like to use bug repellents that have deet in them because I don't think that they are good for anyone. So, I would like to try the Aroma Borealis Skeet-Addle Bug Repellent Lotion. A part from hopefully keeping the bugs away I think it has a really cool name.
ReplyDeleteIn addition Heather, I would be willing to let you try some of the lotions when you come over for your sewing lesson. email me at cjones@amtelecom.net
Pat says: I would like to try the Aubrey brand eye makeup remover. I am hypersensitive to facial products, and would be interested in seeing if I could use this without aftereffects. There were many other items that I would like to see about, so I will read more. Hope I win this week's give away-I love the tin and it would not go to the dump.
ReplyDeletenovakp@rainbowshcools.ca
I would be interested in trying the Druide Citronella Bug Repellent Spray or Lotion.
ReplyDeleteI read the product description:
"An excellent alternative to toxic bug sprays! This oil-based product is approved by and registered with Health Canada as an insect repellent. Easily sprays on to skin, hair, and objects inside tents or cottages. Safe for use on adults and children since it contains no DEET".
I like that it is safe for children and contains no DEET! Being a new mom, I am interested in products safe for children. This looks like a product I would be willing to try.
By the way...I had to laugh at the Earth Mama Booby Tubes. An interesting product, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to buy these. LOL
If I win this item I will let you know what I think of the product. In addition, I will give the tin to Pat ;)
Robyn
batmannrobyn2002@yahoo.ca
Pat says: Hey Robyn- i want more than the tin, that was just an extra bribe to win. However, Heather's mom says that all is above board with winning and it is just random draw so I do have a good chance. By the way, the vinegar based window cleaner did a great job on the bathroom mirror covered with a variety of junk. I have to (oops the secret is out- I do clean on occasion) wait until the sun shines to see if the windows are streak and swipe free. Think that will be later in June, unless I shine our SAD blue light on them!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the posts by Heather and others.
novakp@rainbowschools.ca
I would like to try the UV sunscreen - it would be great for for my grandkids.
ReplyDeleteI'm scoping out the Dr. Hauschka eye shadows. I'm phasing out my old, yucky cosmetics and I've heard some great things about Dr. Hauschka eye shadows. I've got their eyeliner pencil and it is AWESOME!
ReplyDeletechristine[at]formykidsonline[dot]com
The GAIA Men's face and body wash is something worth trying especially in the winter. And my wife would be very happy, if I (she) won this gift.
ReplyDeleteGreat site!
Bob