
Have you checked the ingredient list on your toothpaste lately?
Anything that you put in your mouth should be as healthy as the food you eat. That is why ingredients such as sodium laureth sulfate (which is a strong detergent to make things foam and should never be eaten), and parabens, should be avoided.
The Green Beaver company is one of many that are making safer alternatives. There is a reason that you are not supposed to give young children the "adult" toothpastes - because they are not safe!
My daughter uses the Green Beaver Zesty Orange, and she likes it better than most of the "kids" toothpastes - and I like it because I am not worried about her swallowing it.
Green Beaver toothpastes are fluoride-free, which makes them good for kids. I will admit that I switch between fluoride-free and the "regular" toothpastes that I have used for years. This is because we don't have fluoride in our water, and I'm not totally convinced that going completely fluoride-free is good for my teeth - I will be asking my dentist questions about that next visit.
So, here is a chance for you to try a "green" toothpaste for yourself. This week's giveaway is a full-size tube of Frosty Mint Green Beaver Toothpaste. It's a great chance for you to try "greening" your oral care without spending any of your own "green".
All you need to do is leave a comment on this post about toothpaste - even if it is just about how annoying it is when your kids leave it all over the sink and counter! Don't forget to leave your email address as well. As always, the winner will be chosen by random.org.
Contest open to Canadian and Continental U.S. residents only. Enter by Jan, 27th, 2009.
*photo from greenbeaver.com and includes Frosty Mint, Star Anise, Zesty Orange, Green Apple, and Cilantro Mint flavours of toothpaste, as well as spray toothpaste sanitizer


Blog Search Engine
It is great how they don't test on animals and use vegan ingredients.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard(/impossible) to find supermarket brands with the same commitment.
- Dan
rwblackbird@gmail.com
I am glad they have antural toothpastes out there now. It seems to me that regular toothpaste is probably not as good as the natural type.
ReplyDeleteI recently found out parabens can cause cancer, scary! I am looking for a new toothpaste that is natural. I only like mint toothpaste so this would be great for me!!!
ReplyDeletekayceewilliams at gmail dot com
This product sounds very interesting. I wonder if it is a non- gel product (maybe that was in the info that I didn't read ). I hate gel toothpastes as they do not make my teeth feel clean. Maybe i should chew on a stick of bamboo instead.
ReplyDeletePat
novakp@rainbowschools.ca
I don't have any 'organic ' toothpastes nor do I have any for my kids. I must put it on my list for next time I go off the rock. Thanks for the great reminder. I won last week's facial cream etc. The face cream is heavenly but I had to pass the other 2 on, as the cleanser had almond paste and there are nut allergies in our house and the toner, I honestly wouldn't use it.
ReplyDeleteBut the tin, I kept to put fancy cookies in to give to my children's teachers. It's too bad Pat doesn't teach my son, I heard she would love it=) LOL
I need to use sensitive toothpaste and I think the "green" toothpaste would be a great alternative!!
ReplyDeletetwinjackienurse@gmail.com
THE toothpaste would be neat to try. My wife is always encouraging me to 'go green'.
ReplyDeleteBob
I switched to natural, fluoride-free toothpaste over 2 years ago, and I've never looked back. My dentist says my teeth are great, and I feel better. This is a pretty extreme view but here's an interesting article about fluoride you might want to read...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.chimachine4u.com/poison.html#flouride
My email address is in my blogger profile.
My husband is finally ready to convert to a natural toothpaste. Of course, I just found an really great sale on his regular brand (and I had coupons!) so he has to wait a little while to join the ranks of those of us with naturally minty-fresh mouths. ;-)
ReplyDeletechristine[at]ForMyKidsOnline[dot]com