
Well, the verdict is in! The diapers are great!
My daughter has been testing the Mother-ease Toddle-ease diaper for accidents during the night.
The Toddle-ease is just like the Sandy's diapers from their company, only larger for toddlers 35-45 lbs. These diapers come in regular cotton, unbleached, organic cotton and bamboo. What a lot of great options. You can also add liners to the diaper for extra absorbency for those heavy wetters (my little girl is one for sure, which is why I was having a hard time in the first place keeping her dry at night).
Mother-ease kindly sent me a Toddle-ease diaper in regular cotton, with a cover and a liner. This is what you get in their introductory offer for $21.99! It's a great way to try out cloth diapers with a savings of $12 over buying the items separately. And, shipping is free when you order it. What a great, green shower gift.
These diapers ain't the ones your grandmother used. Sagacious Hillbilly commented on yesterday's post about the folded rectangles of cloth that he used with his kids. There's no way I could have used those because they look like an origami activity to me.
The Sandy's/Toddle-Ease have 2 simple snaps on each side. You put on the cover with 2 snaps on each side, with a variety to choose from to custom fit to your baby's special requirements (i.e. huge thighs, big belly etc.)
When I first put the diaper on Brooke I asked her what she thought. Her comment was, " Mommy, it's so cozy!" She happily wore it to bed, while pointing out all the animals that were on the cover..."zebwa, giwaff, hippolotamus" ..she is 2 1/2.
That first night she was dry because when she was nearly asleep she jumped up to go potty. Before, we had to fight with putting a disposable back on. With the cloth diapers we made sure it was just loose enough so that she could undo the top snaps and pull it down and up herself - it worked!
The next night that we tried the diaper she was thoroughly wet, but the bed was dry, and everyone was happy. It held the wetness. However, our victory was short lived. The next time that we had on the diaper she leaked through and the bed was wet, and Brooke was upset.
I wasn't concerned though, as I have learned through past experience with cloth diapers, that you have to ensure that none of the diaper is sticking out of the cover, otherwise it wicks the wetness onto pajamas, sheets, clothes, everything. So I am going to chalk this one night up to user-error as it was Daddy that put her diaper on that night at bedtime and I am guessing that a bit was sticking out. (I know, I know, poor Daddy, always getting blamed)
Subsequent tests of the diaper have been great, and I am convinced. I will no longer be using expensive, polluting disposables for nighttime wetting for my toddler. In fact, I am putting in an order right away, and so is my sister for her daughter. Brooke summed it up so well with this...."Mommy, I luff it!!!".
Stay tuned for my son's product testing debut in a future post!
I have used Mother-Ease products for 2 1/2 years now and am so impressed. They are affordable, they are easy, built to last, and they work so well. Their website has a great user forum for questions, and even a place where you can sell your used diapers once you are finished with them. How green is that!
I also highly recommend the Mother-ease swim diapers. They are so cute, work amazingly well, and you can buy one for the same cost as those packs of disposable swim diapers. You can't beat them!
So the final verdict is:
We just love the Mother-ease products that we have always used, and will now add the Toddle-Ease cloth diapers to our repertoire. Try them - I bet you will "luff them" too!


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.