Saturday, December 6, 2008

A tisket, a tasket, an empty orange basket...

I love clementine and mandarin oranges, as they remind me of Christmases past, when Santa would stuff the toe of my stocking with these sweet treats. I also love them because my daughter can peel them all by herself! AND, she even puts the peels in the garbage!!! But, they all come in boxes or baskets of some sort, which does create waste.


Here is a great gift wrapping idea. Every year I save the boxes from the oranges ( I particularly like the wooden ones). Then I paint them, cover them with wallpaper ends, stencil them, glue on sequins and foam bits etc. etc. etc. The possibilities are endless. Fill it up with goodies and you have a marvelous Christmas goody basket.


It's easy, it's cheap, and makes a great craft activity for the kiddies!


More gift wrapping ideas to come in future posts. If you have some to share, please either email me or post a comment below.


Don't forget to post a comment to my entry about Jammer purses and belts for a chance to win a belt for yourself or to tuck into a Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory