Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GREEN GIVEAWAY WEDNESDAY


I just got back home from visiting the in-laws over Christmas, had a great time with family and got some great "green" gifts such as organic soaps and an organic teething toy for my youngest. I can't wait to try it out as he is currently trying to chew on everything, including the dog when she (the dog) dares gets close enough to him (the baby).


When we travel we take disposable diapers with us ( gasp!) so that we don't have to deal with laundry while we are away. But I don't know how much that solves, because we always end up with poop everywhere....clothes, changing pad, parent's clothes... from the messy, disposable diaper blow-outs. They just don't seem to contain the poop!


With our Mother-ease cloth diapers, we have never had a mess as it is all contained within the diaper and cover. With disposables, it leaks up the back and out the sides, all over everything. So, needless to say, we ended up doing a big load of laundry while away to deal with all the soiled items. Did we really come out ahead? I don't think so.


So, to convince other parents how great cloth diapers are, this week's giveaway is a gift certificate from Mother-ease cloth diapers. This was generously donated by Mother-ease, and it allows you to order an introductory cloth diaper offer, worth $21.95( no cash value).


Don't have any kids or grandkids? It makes a fantastic baby shower gift too! To enter, all you need to do is write a comment about cloth diapers, and be sure to include your email address at the end of your comment in case you win! I will be announcing the winner after Tuesday, January 6th, 2009.

6 comments:

  1. this is not the gift I want to win! But I have one cousin who just keeps getting prego, so that would make a good gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first son used cloth diapers at night time because disposable diapers literally exploded throughout the night b/c he was a heavy wetter and they couldn't hold up. I must say I am not a "full time" cloth diaper user but I would like to use them more often for my second child.
    lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about using cloth diapers but I am torn between the amount of laundry I will have to do, thus wasting water and electricity, versus putting disposables into the landfill.

    After dealing with the numerous 'blow-outs' you mentioned, I would certainly be interested in giving this product a try since I am doing extra laundry anyway!

    Robyn
    batmannrobyn2002@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well after having two sons (now teenagers) and using only cloth diapers, I must say it is the only way I know. Laundry has to be done daily anyway and with energy efficient machines now a days, little water and energy is needed. I made 10 dozen cloth diapers using a pattern from cloth diapers I bought at Sears. Very easy, yes it takes time, but in the end at 3am when there was a "blast" in the house, no one was covered with a mess!
    Thank you for making a difference in our Earth!

    GO GREEN and GO CLOTH!

    cheers, Teresa
    angelwink44@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend is pregnant now and her shower is in March, I would love to give her this as a gift!!
    twinjackienurse at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and i are planning on getting pregnant this year and were thinking of trying cloth diapers!
    durshoe at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory