Sunday, December 14, 2008

News and Notes

I was just reading the Toronto Star and came across an article called "Toy recall targets 42,000 toxic items". It seems that many $store toys contain high amounts of lead. Apparentlythey aren't such a good deal!. It isn't only toys from the discount stores that are dangerous. Paying a few extra dollars for greener and earth-friendly toys is worth it for the health of your children!

On a more positive note, I received an email the other day, from the owner of PURE Essentials for Life. She owns an online business based in Manitoba, and they carry a range of natural beauty, body and other assorted products.

She is offering readers of this blog a discount on every order that they make. You will receive $5 off any order when you type in the voucher code GREENR. I see that they also have Christmas specials on right now, so if you have any last-minute gifts to order, check them out.

I really like the looks of the mineral makeup that they carry. It is made in Canada, and contains only natural ingredients like mica. Many store brands of mineral makeup contain bismuth, talc, and other known allergens. I haven't tried any of their products, but if you email the business, I'm sure you can obtain more information about them.

Don't forget to enter our stainless steel water bottle giveaway. I will be drawing the prize first thing Wednesday morning - when I will be posting a new item for Green Giveaway Wednesday.
Some other things to watch for coming up later this week are product reviews. Currently, my 2 1/2 year old daughter is testing an item for review ( honest; she has already given me some of her comments, and they are pretty cute - she definitely has her own opinion about things).
So, check back often, and please send any comments or ideas by email to Shiny Green Penny.

1 comment:

Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.

 
Resources Top Blogs Blog Flux Local blogarama - the blog directory Blog Search Engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory