Everyone has vinegar in their home. It's great on fries, salads, and on your windows, counters and floors! That's right, vinegar is probably one of the easiest, cheapest and safest cleaners there is. Vinegar kills germs, mold and bacteria due to its level of acidity. It's simple to use. Simply fill a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar, 1 part water, and clean away. It actually works! For extra-tough messes, you can add a squirt of "green" dish soap. Have I mentioned that it's cheap?
I use my vinegar spray for the floor, counters, mirrors and windows. Best of all, my toddler can help me with the cleaning because it is completely safe. Since she made most of the messes anyway, it's only fair. (plus she LOVES to help mommy clean.....one question....how do I get that to continue into the teenage years?)
With 2 kids and a dog, and all of them are "chewers", there are many things in this house that go into mouths that shouldn't. By cleaning with vinegar, I know that at least they aren't getting a mouthful of harmful chemicals. What is it with windows and kids, by the way? Is there some inborn compulsion to put their lips all over them?
For the few times a year that I bother with windows....as it's a never-ending job around here....this is what I use. I fill a bucket with water, dump in vinegar and a squirt of "green" dish soap, grab some old newspapers and scrub away.
I can't remember where I got the newspaper tip, but it is the best I have ever tried....far better than a squeegee even. I use wet newspaper to scrub, then a dry newspaper to dry off the windows and it leaves a completely streak-free window. I was worried that the ink would come off and leave a mess, but it didn't at all. Try it out, you will be amazed!
Don't worry, your house won't smell like fish and chips, as the smell quickly dissipates. You can add baking soda to scrub out a scummy tub or shower. Have I mentioned how inexpensive it is?
Vinegar Tips website is a site that is dedicated to the use of vinegar. Click on the link for all sorts of household vinegar recipes.
For those of you who want to purchase cleaners, their are options that won't break your wallet or make you break out in a rash. Check back tomorrow for a review of a commercial window cleaner that is safer for you and the environment. And for any relatives that are reading this today, please feel free to stop by the house today to aid in some product testing......and clean some windows for me!


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.