
I hope that all of you had a marvelous Christmas. I know that I did, with both sides of the family, and partook in way too much turkey and pie.
I got some fabulous "green" Christmas gifts that I am quite excited about! (No, not everything was green and eco-friendly, I'm not an extremist, but it does make me happy to give and receive some items that are friendlier to the planet).
One of my gifts was a wooden drying rack. It may seem a bit unexciting, but it is really useful, and saves money as well as electricity and the planet. Did you know that the electric clothes dryer is actually damaging your clothes? The heat breaks down lycras and elastics, and causes your clothes to degrade more quickly. Technical clothing, such as quick drying sportswear, are not actually supposed to be put into a hot dryer, for the most part. So drying your clothes on a clothesline or clothes rack saves your clothes, saves on your electric bill, and is a small step towards saving the earth too! My mother ordered one for each of my siblings from the Providence Bay Home Hardware store. Don't get a cheap metal or plastic rack, as in my experience they really don't hold up. The heavy-duty wooden ones are by far the best.
I will write about some more green gifts that I received in future posts. Did you receive any eco-friendly gifts this year? Please post your comments and share!
Stay tuned for a new giveaway coming up this week ~ I won't reveal what it is until Wednesday, but I will tell you that some fabulous giveaways have been sent to me such as body care, makeup, shopping accessories, even snack items. Don't miss out, and check back often.


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.