Right now I am reading Go Green, Live Rich by David Bach. (I did a green thing and took it out of the local library, rather than buy it.) He writes that if you do just one green thing, then it will lead to more - AND, ultimately, it will end up saving you money. Nowadays so many people have the perception that to be "green", it costs more money, such as buying fancy organic coffee. But you need to think of the ways to be green that SAVE you money.Yesterday morning I was changing the milk bag in the pitcher, and was about to toss it into the garbage. Then I remembered that my grandmother always cuts the top open, washes them out, and then reuses them as storage bags. They are strong, food grade, and why not?! I always reuse plastic grocery bags, but haven't been using milk bags - and we go through many every week. Why pay money for storage bags that you ultimately throw away?
So, that is my One Green Thing for today - who knows what else it will lead to.
And Hubbie, if you are reading this, it's time to toss the milk bags into the sink, not in the garbage....hmmm, now who will have to wash them?
By the way, readers, I discovered that my husband DOES actually read my blog, because he "caught" me doing more online shopping ( see this past Tuesday's Great Sale post). Perhaps I should start writing a "To Do" list for him each day here in my blog. . . hmmmm . . . it may mean a lump of coal from him for Christmas though. . .


Blog Search Engine
FYI:
ReplyDeletestudents and staff at CMPS collect Farqhuar's milk bags and recycle them back to the company. So if you buy Farqhuar's milk save and recycle those bags and give them to a student or staff member of CMPS in Mindemoya.
What a grea idea - I had no idea that they did this!
ReplyDeleteYou make a great point about how living in an eco-friendly manner can lead to more money in pocket. This applies on both the macro and micro scale, of course, because at the end of the day, the environmental movement is about sustainability, and we're quickly getting to the point where sustainability will be the way to wealth.
ReplyDeleteSo, being eco-friendly is a win-win situation, because it can lead to better health and a healthier wallet. Kudos for highlighting this with your blog.
There's a lesson in there on the political level too, of course. Perhaps a tax shift isn't such a bad idea after all, since it uses that very principle.