
My 2 1/2 year old daughter is really getting into this product testing thing. She thought testing window cleaner was, "fun, fun", and we have also been working on testing cloth diapers.
Before Brooke was born, I knew that I didn't want to go the disposable diaper route because of all the garbage that they generate. Our local landfill is in a terrible mess as it is, and I didn't want to contribute diapers to the problem when there are so many alternatives out there.
I won't pretend that deciding to go with cloth diapers was entirely altruistic. Using cloth diapers also saves a lot of $$$. Imagine taking $1000 and just dumping it in the landfill. That's right, $1000!!!!! That's how much more expensive it is to go the disposable route as opposed to cloth diapering. And that's just for 1 child. Multiply that by 2 or 3 and you are starting to look at a really significant amount of money. ( I like to think of it in terms of paddling - one of my passions in life - putting 2 children in cloth diapers could save enough money to buy a very nice canoe!!!) For more more info on $$ savings visit Mother-Ease.
At 2 1/2 Brooke is now potty trained, and her baby brother is using her cloth diapers. However, she still wears a diaper at night because I really, really do not enjoy changing the bed sheets at 3 am. I had her in a disposable each night.....well.....I don't really know why. Her brother was using the other diapers, Mother-Ease All-In-Ones, and she really peed to much for them to hold anyway....and so......I know, I know - poor decision!
Well, I have been working on solving that problem, with the great people from Mother-Ease cloth diapers, and Brooke has been enjoying her product testing. Check back for details on what my pint-sized, big-opinioned product tester has to say - and what a tired-of-throwing-money-in-the-garbage mommy has to say...


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.