I was surfing and doing some last minute shopping (darn, I'm gonna get in trouble again from my other half!) and I noticed that it just seems like everything you see nowadays has some television character stamped on it.Then, I came across a fantastic site - Ape to Zebra Toys. They have all sorts of amazing toys. Many of their toys are wooden (so you can avoid the chemical-leaching plastics), and screened for safety. They carry brands such as HABA's environmentally friendly, wooden toys. What makes toys such as these really green is that they are built to last, and won't end up in the landfill the day after Boxing Day. These ain't no "Made- in- China, coated- in- lead, who- knows -what- your- baby- is putting -in -their -mouth, they -only- cost- $1" toys.
The toys are educational, and perhaps best of all, there is not a single cartoon character in sight. As a teacher, I understand the value of play, and toys that allow children to use their imagination seem to be missing from many toy boxes nowadays.
One toy that I noticed that they carry is Sophie the Giraffe. Sophie is made of natural rubber and is safe for chewing. I know that I would rather have my child chewing on this than some $store who-knows-what-it's-made-of teething ring.
My 4 month old son has this award-winning toy and LOVES it! ( when his 2 1/2 year old sister isn't feeding the giraffe a bottle or putting it to sleep in her doll bed - she apparently loves it too) Even the dog wants to love this toy, but she has been severely scolded a few times over this.
I am also excited about the Automoblox - and dear hubbie was thinking that they are pretty cool too.(does that mean he will let me shop some more?)
Here is the best part: They have emailed me some great coupon code deals to share with all of you!
All you have to do is type in one of the coupon codes listed below and you receive that discount.
Coupon code 5685058 will give you 5% discount on your product total (any amount - no minimum amount)
Coupon code 3239173 will give you 10% discount on the product total of any order over $100
Users can shop in Canadian dollars (just click the flag in the upper right corner for the currency you want to shop in)
They are located 60 Km West from Toronto and packages will most probably take 2 - 3 business days to reach Manitoulin. Oh yes - they offer free shipping within Ontario on orders over $49.99!
Happy Shopping!
P.S. Don't forget to comment on Wednesday's post for a chance to win a stainless steel water bottle!


Blog Search Engine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Any comments may be deleted at the discretion of the moderator. Negativity, language and other unsavoury content will mean your comment will be deleted.